These maxims have been around for greater than a century, and have been floating around the said sovereign world for a generation.
MAXIMS OF LAW
There are ten essential maxims or precepts in commercial law.
- A WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF HIS HIRE. Exodus 20:15; Lev. 19:13; Mat. 10:10; Luke 10″7; II Tim. 2:6. Legal maxim: “It is against equity for freemen not to have the free disposal of their own property.”
- ALL ARE EQUAL UNDER THE LAW. “Equality before the law” Exodus 21:23-25; Lev. 24: 17-21; Deut. 1;17, 19:21; Mat. 22:36-40; Luke 10:17; Col. 3:25. “No one is above The Law”.
- IN COMMERCE TRUTH IS SOVEREIGN. (Exodus 20:16; Ps. 117:2; John 8:32; II Cor. 13:8 ). Truth Rules, Your Word is your Bond.
- TRUTH IS EXPRESSED IN THE FORM OF AN AFFIDAVIT. (Lev. 5:4-5; Lev. 6:3-5; Lev. 19:11-13: Num. 30:2; Mat. 5:33; James 5: 12).
- AN UNREBUTTED AFFIDAVIT STANDS AS TRUTH IN COMMERCE. (12 Pet. 1:25; Heb. 6:13-15;) Affidavit is the highest form of truth. Legal Maxim: “He who does not deny, admits.”
- AN UNREBUTTED AFFIDAVIT BECOMES THE JUDGMENT IN COMMERCE. (Heb. 6:16-17;).
- IN COMMERCE FOR ANY MATTER TO BE RESOLVED MUST BE EXPRESSED. (Heb. 4:16; Phil. 4:6; Eph. 6:19-21). Legal Maxim: “He who fails to assert his rights has none.)
- HE WHO LEAVES THE BATTLEFIELD FIRST LOSES BY DEFAULT. Mat. 10:22; Legal Maxim: “He who does not repel a wrong when he can, occasions it”.
- SACRIFICE IS THE MEASURE OF CREDIBILITY (NO WILLINGNESS TO SACRIFICE = NO LIABILITY, RESPONSIBILITY, AUTHORITY OR MEASURE OF CONVICTION). (Acts 7, life/death of Stephen), Legal Maxim: “He who bears the burden ought also to derive the benefit”.
- SATISFACTION OF A LIEN. In commerce a lien or claim can be satisfied in any one of three ways. (Gen. 2-3; Mat. 4;.).
(A) By someone rebutting your affidavit, with another affidavit of his own, point by point, until the matter is resolved as to whose is correct, in case of non-resolution.
(B) You convene a Sheriff’s common law jury, based on the Seventh Amendment, concerning a dispute involving a claim of more than $20.Or, you can use three disinterested parties to make judgment.
(C) The only other way to satisfy a lien is to pay it.